Vision and Values
My BEST, Your BEST, Our BEST
BEST: Brave - Enthusiastic - Safe - Thoughtful
The true test of BEST is what you do when nobody is watching
Our vision is to ensure that all children at Standens Barn Primary School are the BEST that they can possibly be.
All children will be given equal opportunity to become independent, confident, self-led learners who are Brave, Enthusiastic, Safe and Thoughtful.
- Achievements and successes are shared and celebrated to promote self-worth, aspiration and confidence.
- BEST behaviours in all areas of school life are promoted at all times to ensure children develop responsibility towards themselves and others and to ensure they are respectful and tolerant of the rights of others.
- Positive relationships are promoted between everyone to ensure all feel happy, safe and secure.
- Challenge is provided in a supportive and encouraging environment across all the phases.
- All children are encouraged to build their resilience, attempt new things and make their BEST mistakes.
- All children are enabled to make progress to the very best of their ability and their individual academic potential.
- Our ambitious 7-year curriculum encompasses diversity and inclusivity of the world to enable our children to develop a respectful understanding of the different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds and all the protected characteristics.