All admissions to the school are managed by West Northamptonshire Council.
Please visit this page to see further information:
Oversubscription admission criteria
Oversubscription Admission Criteria Admission Number - The school has an agreed Published Admission Number (PAN) of 60 children for entry in Reception.
In the first instance, places will be allocated to children who have an Education, Health Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as offering the appropriate provision. Available places will then be allocated according to priority in the following order:
- Looked After Children or children who were Previously Looked After but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements or special guardianship order.
- Children of staff at the school, in either or both of the following circumstances:
- Where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or
- Where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children with a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the child.
- Children who live closer to the preferred school than any other Primary school.
- Other children.
We are a 2 form entry school. This means we have 2 classes in each year group. This is up to 60 children in each year group.
If you would like to come and have a look around the school please call the school office: 01604 413151 for details of upcoming tours.
Please visit West Northamptonshire School Admissions to apply for a place at Standens Barn Primary.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (3) priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
In the event of a place not being available you should telephone 0300 1261000 School Admissions Team, Northamptonshire Local Authority. If discussion with a senior officer fails to resolve the difficulty, you have a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel.
Admission Arrangements for Pupils with SEN or Disabilities
Our Admission Policy is based upon the agreed LA Admissions Policy.
Normal admission arrangements will be followed for pupils with ‘SEN or Disabilities’
We endeavour to be a fully inclusive school.
All our children will be treated according to their needs in line with the school policy for ‘Inclusion’. No pupil will be denied admission because of gender, creed, race, physical ability or academic achievement.
We will take all steps possible to provide effective educational provision. Where a pupil has a particular need e.g. wheelchair access, the Trust will ensure that reasonable adjustments are made for that pupil’s need to be fully met.
If a pupil is transferring into the school with an EHCP or has been in receipt of extra support from LA centrally funded resources in their previous setting, continuation of this support will be negotiated with the appropriate member of the LA, to ensure that needs can be met.